Wallpapers are images those can be set as background of your devices home screen which makes it more appealing and attractive to look.
Android supports following kind of wallpapers.
- Static wallpapers – Can be images, photos etc.
- Live wallpapers – Can still be images, photos but have some animation to it which keeps on playing or activates on some action. For example, water ripples on your screen when touched.
Note: Animated/live wallpapers tend to drain more battery as they use more system resources like CPU, GPU, Memory, etc. than ordinary wallpapers.
Follow these steps to set the wallpapers.
- On home screen of your device use the lower left button to activate menu listing Wallpaper option (see image on right). Alternatively, you can go to Settings->Display->Wallpapers. Select the Wallpapers option.
- You will be presented with multiple options.
- If you want to set a static image do following.
- Select Gallery if you want to set the images shot from your camera as wallpaper or anything else in gallery.
- Select Wallpapers if you want to set the predefined Wallpapers installed on your device.
- If you want to set an animated/live wallpaper do following.
- Select Live Wallpapers option.
- You will be presented with a list of live wallpaper
- Select one to load a preview.
- Select Set wallpaper option at bottom to set it as wallpaper